Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day Seven (and Eight)

Bahhhhhhh! I already screwed up on my New Year's resolution.  SO this is to be considered yesterday's and today's post.

Why do we make resolutions anyway?  I mean, every January we decide that we want to be "this person." Then by June we screw up, allow ourselves to be screw ups for the rest of the year, and then start all over in January.  Can't you just decide to be a better person on any given Wednesday or the 17th of the 8th month?  I struggle with this every year in the gym.  I like to go to the gym year round but I never like to go in January.  Too many resolution-ers and never enough machines.  I always go back in February when they have given up on their resolutions instead of making lifestyle choices.  Though I'm pretty sure my January lifestyle is making me fat.

I am currently sitting in a hotel because I am out of town for work. I never realized how much I depended on netflix.  The regular television is killing me.  Everything is reality tv.  I am currently watching Toddlers & Tiaras.  I understand that it is on tv because it is terrible, but it is really terrible.  Save the money that you are gambling away in these contests that teach your daughters that nothing is more important than being beautiful, and put it in a college fund.  $5000 on dresses?? You're a moron.  This show just glamorizes it, I find it extremely annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment